Whether you expect your workplace to return to businessas-usual or not, it is essential that you re-think and reconfigure your workplace and operations to ensure a safe and effective transition to recovery. Some questions you may like to consider are:
• Plans for your staff to return to the workplace – what measures can you put in place to maintain social distancing?
• Do staff need training or knowledge of new cleaning, safety or emergency procedures?
• How will you let your customers or stakeholders know what to expect or what has changed when they interact with you?
• Do you have processes and procedures in place to respond to future incidents?
• What improvements can you make to your workplace structure and design to be more resilient and nimble?
Other important steps to business recovery
Negotiate or renegotiate your debt facilities and covenants with your lenders – Your funding arrangements need to match where you want your business to go.
Re-evaluate your staff arrangement to match your new business – Do your staff have the skills required for your new business? Can they be those skills be acquired through training or do you need to employ new staff?